Tuesday, May 22, 2012

on the way to school today

Isaac (age 11): I learned yesterday that you don't have an adult brain until age 25

me: oh yeah?

him: yeah so you think you know what you're doing but you really don't

me: hm that's interesting because a lot of people get married before age 25. Me and dad got married before then. Actually we even had Abigail before we were 25.

him: really? how old were you?

me: hm, we were both basically 23 when we got married and 24 when she was born

him: you had a baby only a year after you were married?!?

me: well, it was more like a year and a half . . .

him: wow! that must be like really unusual because 99.5% of the time the sperm doesn't get to fertilize the egg . . .

me: {chuckling a bit while pulling up to the curb to drop them off}


Yep.
This conversation brought to you by the 5th Grade Maturation Program.
Fun Times.;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...