Thursday, June 19, 2014

Insomnia

Well, hello. It's 4:05 am and I'm not even sure if I've been awake all night, tossing and turning, before I finally got up out of bed at around 3:45, or if I fell asleep for a couple hrs before waking up at about 2 am (when I looked at the clock), and have been unable to fall back asleep. Either way, it really stinks to be awake and it's been happening more often lately. I don't know exactly why. I know my mind is full of a lot of thoughts. I know I have anxiety that often keeps thoughts running through my head. I review things that have happened, and think of things I need to do, or things I wish I could say to people, or whatever else. Sometimes I just feel bad. And even though I know I should relax and not worry, or let things go, or get over things, or not ruminate, sometimes it feels impossible. I don't know how to get my brain to stop. Sometimes I don't even realize how bad it is and that I'm really having trouble sleeping until suddenly it's 3:30 am and I realize I haven't really slept at all. Ugh.

This is a relatively new thing, too. I used to have trouble falling asleep sometimes, but never like this. Sometimes I'll take something. Tonight I just took 2 Benadryl and I'm waiting for it to kick in. I have anti anxiety medicine and a muscle relaxer I sometimes take. Sometimes with the benadryl, other times just together or one alone. I haven't figured out the magic pill yet. Although I'd rather not have to be taking something to sleep. Sometimes the pain is a culprit in keeping me awake, but right now my pain isn't even too bad. I'm just awake.

Anyway - I thought that maybe if I tried to write a little bit, it would help me. I'm not sure if it has. But that is what is going on in my life right now, so why not write a blog post about it, right? I suppose. So, hello to any fellow insomniacs. I am sad and stressed to be joining your ranks. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. I'm going to try to go to sleep here soon, again....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...