Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NPM: Poem #7

Well, I'm feeling a bit discouraged by the lack of feedback on the last poems I've posted, so I probably won't continue this little project. I'm not in a good enough head space to post my silly poems and not get any response, as dumb as that might be. Which I probably should have already known and anticipated before I even started, which would have reminded me that this wasn't a good idea for me right now to do this. But yeah, I guess I didn't. 
But anyway here's one more, at least. Semi recent. Written from bed on a bad day. 

Time 
ticking by 
and here I am 
still here
still here 
Days 
going by 
and here I am 
still here 
still here 
I haven't moved 
barely breathed 
still here
still this 
It never leaves 
Here I am 
breathe in 
breathe out 
breathe in 
It's all I do
My life 
passing by 
I watch it go 
and here I am
still here 
still here 
still here 

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Are you familiar with Deviantart? It is a good place to post poetry where people might actually care and respond. Or it was, once. I posted mine on there years ago, but it may be too huge to get any recognition anymore. Poetry is, sadly, an underappreciated craft nowadays unless it's accompanied by a good-looking rock star who sings his/her poetry. ;)

This is really good. The "still this" line stands out in between all the "still heres." It sounds like breathing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...