Monday, March 25, 2013

Lemon Bread - Recipe

Hey! So here is the recipe for the lemon bread I make.  It's the only recipe I've ever used so I can't say in certainty that it's the "best recipe out there" but mmmm, it's good.:)  Big Thank you and shout out to my friend Amber who first gave me some of this bread one day a few years ago, with the recipe attached, just because she knew how much I would like it.  So nice.


(Note: I double the recipe which requires 2 lemons if you're going to squeeze them for the lemon juice.  The recipe also notes you should shred the lemon peel first and then squeeze it.)

1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 c milk
1/4 c cooking oil
2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
1 Tb lemon juice

For glaze:
2 Tb lemon juice
1 Tb sugar

1. grease the bottom and 1/2 up sides of loaf pan
2. stir together dry ingredients, make well in center
3. mix wet ingredients separately and add all at once to dry mixture
4. stir just until moistened - will be lumpy
5. pour into pan
6. bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 min
7. meanwhile, stir together 2 Tb lemon juice and 1 Tb sugar.  While bread is still in pan, brush mixture over the top (I poke holes with a fork so glaze gets down into it).  Cool for 10 min.

Yum yum yum!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...