Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10 things

Zac's work has a wonderful Healthy Lifestyles program where we (employees and spouses) earn points for exercising, getting a physical exam, etc and then we redeem our points for money every year. $$$$$!!! It's awesome.

Sometimes they even have extra little challenges for extra points. Wohoo! And this month they are having a Love Your Body challenge, and linking into the Operation Beautiful project. I love the idea behind it. And I love getting extra points. So I'm all for completing the little daily tasks and weekly goals they have set out to get the points.

Today's task is to list 10 things you are grateful for. So here we go:

1. the internet (!!)
2. my new sock solution so that I never have to match socks again (mesh bags and sock locks! amazing)
3. free zumba classes
4. my kids who bring me happiness just by the miracle of who they are
5. my husband who brought tears to my eyes the other day just by mentioning something random he liked about me, out of the blue
6. 6 free song downloads a week from the library
7. being able to get up the driveway despite the snow
8. getting packages in the mail (even from things I ordered myself)
9. people who know more than me and help me out without making me feel stupid
10. challenges and goals that give me things to work for and a feeling of accomplishment - even for simple little things.

What are you thankful for today?

(PS - the weekly goal is to avoid any Weight Related Talk. oooh, good one. So I'm working on that. Wanna join me?
oh and for the Healthier Me challenge, this week we are drinking 64 oz of water a day, along with food journaling, avoiding sugar and junk, getting 5 fruits and veggies a day, and exercising at least 4 days a week. Whew!! It's been really good for me. See? I'm a sucker for "challenges" to get me actually doing stuff. I really need external motivation sometimes.) :)

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I love talk that is not weight related! Good goal. Thanks for your comment. I always wonder if what I post has any relevance to anyone!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm thankful for a quiet day. I've had sick kids or meetings for the past few weeks, so I love that at least while the kids are in school today I don't have to go anywhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...