(nope, not my body)
Am I even allowed to love my body? This one? The 36 yr old, post-4-babies, out of shape and overweight one? Hello?!? ummmm . . . . yeaaaaah.
It took some deeper thought.
But here goes:
1. I love that my body works. All these intricate systems, circulatory, muscular, nervous, digestion, etc - everything works more or less as it's supposed to. Isn't that amazing??
2. I love that my body can heal itself from most minor injuries and illnesses - and I don't have to do a thing about it!
3. I love that I have detached earlobes. haha.
4. I love that my body is capable of swimming and roller-skating and dancing. I'd even go so far as to say that I am, or was, even pretty good at those things. ;)
5. I love my longer second toe.
6. I love having blue eyes.
7. I love my 5 senses. My body can see, hear, taste, touch and smell. Isn't that wonderful?
8. I love that I'm left-handed.
9. I love that my body can do more, and push past more limitations, than I give it credit for.
10. And finally, the thing I love most is that this body could conceive, carry, birth and breastfeed 4 incredible little babies. It is nothing short of miraculous how most of the time, for most women through the ages of time, this entire process actually works at all. I am awestruck when I think about what my body has actually done in bringing these children here.
And for all of that, I will honor and love my body.
Wow. I didn't even know I could do that. :)
How about you? (You try listing 10 things and see how you feel afterwards. It's pretty good!)