Thursday, December 29, 2011

a winter's walk

Just a few random thoughts and pics from a walk:

- We had a really lovely Christmas. We really did. And I have a ton of posts backed up in my brain to write.

-But temps in the 30's meant I could walk outside yesterday and not freeze my tail off. It started off sunny, then the clouds from the distance rolled in. But I loved my walk - and taking pictures along the way. Hope you enjoy them.




- This is a hard time of year for me. I was doing really well, just in general, until I started thinking about this past year and the things I had wanted to accomplish. And when I start thinking about where my life is going and things that I need to change, it is really really hard for me not to get discouraged. Both the evaluating and the looking ahead processes are hard for me at the moment. Ugh. New Years. Perhaps I should skip it. But it is so in my nature to reflect, and assess, and make lists, and goals, and want to feel like I am doing ok in a measurable and meaningful way. It's not something I let go of easily.




- I love seeing the fun, quirky and imaginative things my kids do and I want to be a fun mom and do fun creative things with them and love this extra time with them. But at the same time they are driving me absolutely bonkers. Seriously. And I am not the mom I want to be.







- And why is it that I seem to have this capacity (and need) for almost endless sleep??? I've been sleeping approx. 10 hrs every night easily and still sleepy and ready for a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. I seem to never feel rested and energetic no matter how much sleep I get. It is unfortunate, really.




Anyway - well. There's that. Seems there might be a little symbolic significance to the progression of sunlight to cloudiness reflected in these photos. haha. Now if only to find a way to disperse the clouds . . . hmm . . .


How is winter treating you?

2 comments:

Christina G. said...

I told my husband today that I was dreading the new year - back to the routine, too much time to think & reflect. It's absolutely gorgeous right now, right about 70 or so for the next day or two. I said that if this were spring break and the routine was heading into summer I'd be happy. But, this is just a little respite from the 2 months of cold winter that is coming. Too much time to reflect is not good for me. Christmas was lovely. New Years is making me sad, as it always does. 2011 was simply not a good year. Many hopes that 2012 is a better one and that we all find some little piece of what we are inevitably searching for.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Have you had your thyroid checked lately?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...