Thursday, February 16, 2012

and now, introducing the trigeminal nerve

Just as an introduction to what the various Dr's think is wrong with me, allow me to show you this wonderful friend of mine (ha), the Trigeminal Nerve.

Just a little anatomy lesson. For Fun (isn't this fun? oh yes. of course it is).

The Trigeminal nerve originates deep in the brain just above the brain stem. There's one for each side of the head. And then each one comes out here on the face:and splits into 3 main branches.

This is another illustration and an explanation of how migraines can trigger trigeminal nerve pain:

At any rate, most of the pain I'm feeling right now is along that 2nd middle nerve path and deep in my ear. It's pretty constant, but varies in intensity and severity. This time, I'm on 7 wks and counting of rather constant pain, most of the day of some variety, every single day. Sometimes it aches, sometimes it's a heavy dull almost numbness, sometimes it's burning, sometimes shooting. Also occasionally around and behind my eye. And the first time the pain appeared back in Aug (and lasted about 9 wks) it was my ear and down to the lower jaw.


And, in case anyone is just dying from the suspense, whatever the MRI showed in terms of neuritis or small tumor, it's on the wrong side. It would be causing pain on the other side of my face. So, whatever it is and whatever that means, it doesn't actually explain anything about the pain I'm actually experiencing. Of course it took 3 different Drs to tell me that finally. But whatever.

More on all my Dr visits another time . . .


(photos from Wikipedia and here. Also good information there, if you're curious)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. this is crazy!

are they absolutely sure Effexor doesn't have anything to do with this?

~m

Kristen said...

Actually Effexor can sometimes be used to help alleviate nerve pain. I haven't found anything online that would link them together otherwise- and usually it's pretty easy to find funky side effects online! ;)

Ruiz said...

I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is
guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell
you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious
why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is
it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry
with your health practitioner, it's really not their
fault. They can only practice what they're told to
practice, right?
When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom
foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it
in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout
attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new
perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure the following diseases: Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,
Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma. Trigeminal nerve ,Asthma,Allergic.
As Dr Itua assure me that all those disease below that he guaranty 100% permanent cure to all these disease I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are suffering from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on whatsapp:+2348149277967

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...