Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Share Love Generously" - some love quotes and links for you today


Love easily confuses us because it is always in flux


between illusion and substance,


between memory and wish,


between contentment and need.


- unknown





To love is not a passive thing.


To love is active voice.


When I love, I do something, I function, I give.


- Bernard Iddings Bell




The art of love . . . is largely the art of persistence.


- Albert Ellis







Love never dies a natural death.


It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source.


It dies of blindness and errors and betrayels.


It dies of illness and wounds;


it dies of weariness, or witherings, of tarnishings.


- Anais Nin






Love and Hate are not opposites.


The opposite of Love is Indifference.


- A.S. Neill




For none of us can ever express the exact measure


of his needs, or his thoughts, or his sorrows;


and human speech is like a cracked kettle on which we tap crude rhythms for bears to dance to,


while we long to make music that will melt the stars.


- Gustave Flaubert




(go read here about an idea of changing Valentine's Day from a lover's holiday to a Day of Generosity.


And read here about loving imperfect, tattered and torn loves. I love both of those posts and had to share.)




(and I apologize profusely for not linking to the sites where I found these images. I snagged them off Pinterest, of course. They're not mine. My face has been burning and shooting pain today, so I just wanted to get this posted and be done. Sorry.)

1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Love and Hate are not opposites.
The opposite of Love is Indifference.

I mentioned this to Sophia when she kept telling me about her friend who kept talking about hating a certain boy. She told the friend and that ended the hate talk speedy quick.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...