Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Like Trees

There's really no other explanation for why I keep being struck by the views out my windows and find myself running outside with my camera.

Something about the stark bare branches against the sky, the snow clinging and balancing precariously

And then a little later in the morning, when the snow began to melt

and I stood under the tree with icy raindrops dripping onto my head

I don't pretend to be a photographer in any way, really. But I like to look around with my eyes open to taking pictures. It makes me look and see. It makes me notice. It makes me appreciate smaller things to be happy about.

So, forgive me for bombarding you with images of the same trees from different angles and different seasons and different weather. There really is no other purpose for it all other than just that I like what I see. And I like trees. And I want to share. :)

4 comments:

Mom B. said...

Love the pictures! You may not consider yourself a photographer but you take some mighty awesome pictures. I love them!

Tricia F said...

i agree with your Mom! :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!
do you have flickr account? you really should be putting all these up there..

~m

Alyssa said...

I'm enjoying your trees and it's great to find joy in th e beauty around you...I guess you get a bombardment on my blog too-just mine is of the water.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...