Saturday, April 17, 2010

Random Saturday

(first off, a pic of Elisabeth and her cute friend Elijah. I hear there are a handful of other girls with dibs on his early betrothal, but well, we'll just have to wait and see now, won't we.) ;)



Here's a list of things I found in Samuel's "play" backpack the other day (along with some actual toys and game pieces):


- a bar of soap
- one D battery
- 10 dry erase markers
- a lint brush
- a Christmas ball ornament
- 2 tennis balls
- a reusable ice pack
- an old blank cassette tape

Is it any wonder I can't keep things under control around here??


I've realized that if I make a list at the beginning of the week of things I think I should be able to do in one day, I might be able to accomplish it all by the end of the week. For instance, last Mon. I woke up and was disgusted by how gross my kitchen floor was. It desperately needed to be mopped. And finally - on Fri. - I mopped it. I guess I can just be glad I got it done eventually. But really, I am so discouraged sometimes by how much I stink at my life. And it has to do with much much more than just housework.

And then even though I am discouraged and frustrated, I can't seem to do the things I know I need to do to actually change anything about it. Am I just lazy?? I really don't know. Sometimes I wonder.
Sometimes I am more patient and understanding with myself.
Lately, I just don't know what to think about myself. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. This whole being me business.
But sometimes, I am still just so easily thrown off balance.

Anyway - the leaves on my trees are finally bursting from their buds. YAY!! That has made me quite happy to see.
But my allergies have also gone berserk and that has made me not so happy.

I guess maybe I could blame my foggy brain and confusion on my itchy eyes and constant sneezing, but I don't know for sure if that's the cause.

I'm just not doing as well as I would like with just about everything I can think of. I would like to get things in order. Feel good about things. Even just a few key things. There are a lot of things I would like to change, if I could. If I could muster enough energy and courage and determination. It seems I am lacking in those things. Motivation has gone completely AWOL.

So. This post has not turned out to be what I thought I was intending on it being. But yeah . . . When does anything turn out to be what you thought it was going to be anyhow?

And here's my random 10 ipod shuffle for today's random thoughts (just for fun):
1. Silence 17 - They Might Be Giants
2. String Quartet in E minor - Mendelssohn
3. Me in Honey - REM
4. Justice and Mercy Underscore - Book of Mormon Video Soundtrack
5. Wind in Trees - Kado Music
6. Five Get Overexcited - The Housemartins
7. Concerto No. 6 - Corelli
8. Letterbox - They Might Be Giants
9. Ignoreland -REM
10. The Plot Thickens - Shadowlands Soundtrack

3 comments:

bonitinha said...

Mopping is enough to discourage anyone. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Alyssa said...

I hear ya! Ditto that for me...(((although I feel Slightly improved over where I was a few weeks back)))...Can't say exactly how it happened though and I feel it slipping again. The constant vigilance thing is what gets me.

On a brighter note I enjoyed your budding photos! I saw the weather up there is outdoor friendly again and I am so Glad for you! Enjoy those great outdoors and soak up the sunshine! (that's my best trick-the house stays cleaner when we're not in it:) But, I love to be home so, it doesn't really work.

Colleen said...

I hate mopping and do it as infrequently as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...