Sunday, January 8, 2012

December Recitals (in no particular order)

(catching up December)

(this picture belongs at the bottom but I accidentally erased it and now blogger is being a pain to move it back to where it belongs, so here it stays, sorry):



These cute kids at our church Christmas dinner: :)

Samuel and Elisabeth showing off their antlers:






Elisabeth post-Kindergarten-Christmas-Program:





Isaac (in bright striped sweater) waiting to begin the traditional 5th grade holiday flashlight show:





Elisabeth and friends watching their older siblings perform:









Samuel (in bright green/blue knit hat) getting ready to sing:












Elisabeth performing in the Kindergarten program:













Isaac had his annual Christmas piano recital:

























Abigail performed a Christmas school orchestra concert:







And she also had a violin Christmas party where she performed for the other students of her teacher - but it was students only, so I don't have pictures. Her teacher is copying the performance for us though. She played Pachelbel's Canon in D with a 14 yr old boy and I arrived as they were practicing it together over and over (after the party was over), still trying to get it right (it was pretty challenging for them). It was pretty cute.:) And, of course, Pachelbel's Canon is one of my favorite songs (or it was, until it got corralled into strange Christmas song arrangements and completely overplayed on the light rock stations all season long. Ahem - anyway). I am thrilled that my daughter can play it now!! That means we can play it together! And me, my mom, and my daughter can play it together! (it's best as a trio anyhow) And that's 3 generations of violinists right there in our family!:)


Anyway - busy month of performances! They all did a fantastic job. I'm so proud of them. (phew! getting through December! Just you wait, I'll get caught up if it kills me!) ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...