Wednesday, January 18, 2012

headache update

- went to the Dr yesterday. Ended up seeing the nurse-practitioner of something because she could get me in.

- she said it didn't sound like "typical" migraines so she was going to prescribe some other pain meds

- the other pain meds all had some interaction with the other meds I take

- so she ended up giving a sample of migraine meds just in case it's an "atypical" migraine (2 doses)

- looking at the insert I noticed it also has the same drug interaction that the other meds have that she was concerned about

- so I called her back, twice, and talked to a pharmacist

- decided to take it yesterday in the evening

- not sure if it helped. Thought maybe it did.

- took another this morning. It's definitely not helping. That's the last of the sample.

- So. I'm on Day 10 of headaches from hell. 10 Days straight, people. No answers. Nothing helps. Not happy.

- might go back to the Dr, although she didn't really give me any ideas on what we would do next.

The End.
:(

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! I hope you find some relief soon and fast! When I was in college my drs. gave me migraine med after migraine med--and none of it helped. just to find out like a year later from another doctor that they weren't migraines--they were tension headaches. taking the right meds really helps! I hope you find it!!!! let me know if i can do anything for you!

Carrie Bolser said...

Hope you are feeling better! I can relate with the head pain. I wish I knew a good dr to send you to. :( I have a really good pain dr now but I doubt you want to go there yet. Can I do anything for you?

Amy said...

That must be awful. I will be praying for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...