Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break 2011: #1

In my attempts to actually be a good mommy and take my kids to do fun things over Spring Break, I'm going to blog about it again and tell you how I did - because that keeps me accountable for my ambitions. Aren't you so excited? Today the weather was somewhat nice (sunny and in the 50's - which is an improvement over the 2 days of snow we got over the weekend) so I took the kids and went for a walk/bike ride. The big kids rode bikes, Samuel rode his scooter for most of the time (then sat in the stroller for the rest), and Elisabeth tried to run along and keep up with them or sat in the stroller and cried when she couldn't keep up. Fun times. First we stopped at the playground and they rolled down the hill for awhile (and pretended to be dizzy zombies walking back up).
Then we walked out to where there are some horse properties.



There was one horse that came over to say hi.


It was kind of funny to watch them react to the horse. They're not very used to being around animals. Especially big animals. ;)


And I had some fun messing around with editing in Picnik. :)

Oh and I finished reading 2 books (Unbroken and The Lover's Dictionary).


Not a bad start to the week, I'd say.

What are you doing, or have you done, or plan on doing, for Spring Break? Do share.

5 comments:

Mom B. said...

That looks like a very fun day! I'd just like to get outside and enjoy a little bit of fresh air and do a little yard work ..... maybe!

Ellie said...

Jeff just finished Unbroken, too. He loved it. I guess it's on my list now, not that I ever get to anything other than my book group books. But maybe someday.

Ian Rawlings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ian Rawlings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

We went to Discovery Park today and enjoyed the sunshine. I think we will head to the library tomorrow and pick up donuts for grades at Krispy Kreme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...