Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break 2011: #2

Roller Skating!!! A friend of mine was celebrating her birthday by taking her kids roller-skating and invited a bunch of friends to come along. Of course you all know I love roller-skating and I am beyond thrilled to pass on this love to my kids. Yay! Then what made it even better was first off, they only charged us $2 a person rather than $5 a person which was a pleasant surprise, to say the least, and then, as a result of all the "shows" and skating they've been doing downstairs in the unfinished basement, we reached another fantastic family milestone: all 4 kids on the rink and roller-skating all by themselves!! I was so impressed and proud of them! Samuel would speed up and try to race ahead of me every time I approached him and Elisabeth only fell down (and stayed sitting on the rink until I got her) a couple times. But I got to skate around by myself! wohoo! And Elisabeth picked me to skate with her for the "couple skate" which I admit warmed my mommy heart (although Isaac refused to skate with Abigail. oh well.) Anyway, it was a lot of fun so I count that as success #2. yay. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That is awesome that everyone can skate by themselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...