Friday, October 16, 2009

driving along the Nebo Loop

Well, when I was searching online awhile ago looking for the best drives to see the fall leaves in the mountains here (and trying to win Swagbucks, of course), I discovered that the Nebo Loop is on the registry of National Scenic Byways and I've been waiting ever since for a free day to go up and drive it. I've never been up those mountains and I was determined to make it happen. But with soccer games every saturday, it seemed I was going to have to wait until the leaves were all gone.


But then. Zac took yesterday off work to spend the day with us since all the kids are out for a 2 day "fall break." And so off we went!! It took us about 4 hrs. or so to do the drive and stop at various points to enjoy the scenery.


It was so gorgeous.

And I took lots and lots of pictures.


And I made Zac stop at just about every pull-out so I could take more pictures.



All the world seemed silent and peaceful. We only saw a couple other cars the entire time.


And I was thrilled to have the kids out in nature. As I walked along with Abigail, she remarked how beautiful everything was with all 5 senses; you could smell the fallen pine needles and fall leaves, taste the air as you breathe, hear the rustle of the aspens and the overall quiet, feel the crisp air, and see everything. I think it rejuvenated all of us.




There is Mt. Nebo in the distance. It is the highest peak on the Wasatch Front at over 11,000 Ft.


And more lovely fall foliage.





Anyway - it was a great day. We also took a little side hike to a place called The Devil's Kitchen. But I'll put those pictures in another post. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...