Wednesday, June 23, 2010

lazy days of summer

I looked out the back window this afternoon and caught Isaac in the act: doing nothing. Amazing.

I sort of hate summer. The heat gives me headaches and my allergies go beserk. I feel sluggish and unmotivated and sleepy . . . all the time.

So. I need a plan to help me endure . . . things to look forward to . . . simple, fun things that don't take too much out of me but still keep the kids happy and busy (that may be a contradiction in itself). I'll be thinking about that . . . as soon as I wake my brain out of this hot sluggish slump it's in.

How's your summer going so far?

4 comments:

heather b. said...

Mine's great! It's my favorite time because there are always fun things (mostly free) going on downtown, I get outside more, can go camping, etc. Also my favorite work season for 3 reasons: summer hours (off early Fridays), daylight long after work hours, and fun roadtrips to all the best remote little rural Utah towns where the people are fantastically generous & welcoming.

May I suggest lemonade, baseball games, corn on the cob, and ice cream as simple ways to lift the summer mood?

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Today I was in Orem. I knew I was going to have some extra time so I took a book and a blanket and went to a park. All the parks there have big trees. I laid under a big locust tree and took a short nap and read a little. It was so fantastic. Lying under a tree on a hot day is one of my favorite things to do in the summer, unfortunately I have to drive 30 minutes to get to big trees.

Colleen said...

My brother-in-law was talking about an allergy shot he just got and how it has changed his life. I immediately thought of you. Have you looked into it?

Alyssa said...

Those allergies in Utah took a lot out of me...I dreaded the spring!?! such a love-hate relationship??? So, I loved summer...even when it was too hot because the allergies ended. The years that we had a neighborhood pool were the BEST! So...what do you think, do you need some pool time?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...