Thursday, November 17, 2011

thankful thursday

- thankful that the weather was mild and I felt well enough to go outside for a walk



- thankful for leaves on the sidewalk, and in the grass next to the sidewalk, that I could walk through and crunch and kick up in the air with my shoes






- thankful for the season of Autumn when the natural world reminds me to slow down. It's quieter and a bit solemn and sad to watch the slow decay and withering away of summer's blooms. But. It reminds me of how every season is needed. Even if the season is a little more brittle and brown and melancholy and subdued than we might sometimes like. I need it. We need it. And even if I am a bit more like Autumn in some ways than the bright happy energetic summertime people, somehow I am reminded that my slower pace is ok too.








- thankful that most of the phlegm has moved from my head down into my lungs, so that although I can't breathe very well, at least I can think again! (well mostly)


- and thankful that I took my camera for a walk today:) It's always good for me to look closely and notice what's around me again.







No Spring or Summer Beauty hath such grace

As I have seen in one Autumnal face

- John Donne



Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree

- Emily Bronte

1 comment:

The Mel B said...

Oh that little sprinkling of leaves is so lovely. We have a heavy, wet blanket of leaves and you can't even see the grass underneath. And that's just a weeks worth. Humph.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...