Wednesday, November 24, 2010

3:25 pm the day before Thanksgiving

- Kids are outside playing in the freezing cold and the remains of a very weak snow flurry from last night. They think they can sled. I'm not sure how that's going for them.

- Turkey is thawing. I think.

- I just received an inch thick document in the mail entitled "Special Education Rules" from the Utah State Office of Education. Feels like Christmas. Ha.

- Zac brought me breakfast in bed this morning. I thought it was sweet of him. Then he told me he just wanted me to get up (more or less).

- I went for a walk for an hr in the 10 degree weather. It was sunny so it didn't feel too bad at first. In fact, on the way out I got too hot and took off my jacket, scarf and gloves. Then I turned around and with the wind in my face, I froze the whole way home (and quickly replaced the jacket, scarf and gloves).

- and of course Zac went running.

- The rolls are rising (not homemade). The cranberry relish-salad stuff is made (homemade).

- The house is not clean. At all. Like really disastrous, embarrassingly not clean. Zac is pretty good at doing last-minute super-clean desperation. I am not so good at it. So, I'm not sure how this is going to go. Hm.

- Zac and Isaac played a game of Monopoly for 2 1/2 hrs. Isaac was happy.

- Isaac and Abigail spent some time trying to figure out how to play some songs together on the violin and piano. Moments like that make the torture of practicing worth it.

- Elisabeth is screaming for hot chocolate. Like screaming bloody murder. I locked myself in my room to get away from her for a minute. (And she's not getting hot chocolate.)

- We are anxiously awaiting word of my brother and his wife's baby arrival! She was due 2 days ago. I think it's awesome that they are willing to wait til the baby is good and ready to come (however long that might be). But my mom is waiting for the word to drive the 5 hr trek up to their house when the time has come (and thus, for me, word on whether or not she is coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner). So, we are all just waiting (none so anxiously as my brother and his wife, I am sure). :)

And that's what we've been up to today.

How's your day going for you??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...