Thursday, November 18, 2010

thankful thursday

thankful for:

- friends and family who love me despite me - even when I am prickly and almost unbearable. (And that would include any of you still reading this blog . . .)

- bookclub group to distract me from my thoughts for awhile (thanks, gals)

- cookies at bookclub

- chuckles at my kids who say things like "you're so big, I just love you!" (courtesy of Elisabeth this morning)

- Isaac who tells me "hope you have a good day, mom" every morning when I drop him off at school

- the internet which is mostly my only connection to the world outside my house (pathetic, perhaps, but true - and I'm glad for any connection I can get, really)

- soothing music

- books, of course

- for finding things to be thankful for even when I was afraid I wouldn't be able to come up with much of anything - haha

I'm still navigating my way through a bit of a bumpy thorny patch . . . but I am thankful for every day that I get through.

Thanks for your patience with me . . .

2 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm also thankful for book club. There has to be people out there to keep it going.

I'm thankful for a car that can take me to EM.

I'm thankful that the Cotes love my house and are happy to be there. That makes me happy.

Colleen said...

I'm glad you were thankful for store-bought sugar cookies since I was feeling way too unmotivated to actually make anything. :) I'm thankful for book club too, but I hope I can keep from waxing too nostalgic about how it used to be. I really hope we can get some of the new girls involved and make it awesome again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...